subtitle

or, "You're a full time homemaker? What do you do all day long?"

Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Hosting Hurrah!

     I've been hosting back to back holiday parties of 20 or more in my home since Thanksgiving. With Tim's birthday in mid-December and both of our families living close by with an occasional friend or two who needs a "host home," my house has been quite full this past month. I love it - every single minute of it. My house gets organized and clean, I get plenty of exercise (almost 22,000 steps one day!), and I get to share my home with friends and family. What a privilege and a blessing of the highest order. 
     But it's a lot of hard work with six kids, and a very active toddler at that, and a husband who works long, tiring days. Even so, I really enjoy the holidays and wanted to share some snapshots of this past weekend's events. My family's Christmas get together was this past Saturday. The following evening, we took our yearly trek to Stats to marvel at all the holiday glitz and glory (I've been going there since I was a kid!) followed by a chocolate fondue party at our home. We had a festive and scrumptious time!


singing with Grandma Karen





treats for the kids
A fun game of "If, then" with Brent and Phelecia

A picture with our kids and Grammy J (Tim's mom) at Stats

I just can't stay serious for too long!
Fondue fun!

Hard to resist!

Bananas, pineapple, apples, and oranges - marvelous dipped in chocolate!


Priceless smiles! Why I do all I do. So worth all the effort....

No comments:

Post a Comment